Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Update

Hi all,

Sorry it has been so long. I will try and just give a quick summary as to what this past week consisted of for me. Thursday I prepared some maps that some CRU students would use to placard the neighborhood with the papers pictured above.
I believe we printed some 2000 flyers and had students walk within a 1-2mi radius of Harbor church and Urban Life (location of the ESL classes) in order to talk to people about the church, ESL classes, and get a general feel for how the neighborhood feels about another church being there.

Overall the neighborhood is looking for handouts, they are looking for a helping hand, and they aren't looking so much for a religion. However, Harbor's goal is to show them that the body of Christ helps each other, and that through Christ all of our worldly problems come into focus.

So Friday, along with my Wednesday night Bible study, we did not have any show up. The ESL classes were student less because the neighborhood had a lawyer come and explain how the new executive order proposed by Obama would affect them. As this is important to many parents in our ESL classes we had no one show up. During the Spanish Bible study that night I shared my testimony in Spanish, which I typed up beforehand in order that I could read it. The listeners were encouraged and many thanked me afterwards.

Saturday was the day of the CRU students, and that is when we passed out flyers and I got to meet many people involved with CRU. Consequently, they invited Ray and I to join them for beach evangelism on Monday. Sunday the CRU team joined us for worship at Harbor Mid-City and it was a great time of fellowship with a full house of students and church members.

Monday Ray and I joined up with CRU and did beach evangelism on Mission Beach. I was paired with a guy named Saul that is studying Mechanical Engineering. He was much more outgoing that I would have been on my own and ended up getting us involved in an hour long discussion with a French student that had been studying here for the past semester. Mike, the French student, was polite and courteous but we will only be able to say that the Holy Spirit took the reigns with what was happening in Mike's heart as neither Saul or I saw fruit from the conversation.

Tuesday the Call family and I went back to mission beach for our day off during the week to relax and soak up some sun. Unfortunately I soaked up a little too much sun and am VERY sun burnt today. Luckily, as a lifeguard I experienced many a sun burn and have to say that I have had worse, nevertheless it will be a drain on teaching tonight.

Once again I thank you all for your prayers and support!

Zach Lutz

2 comments:

  1. Our dear Warrior for Christ,
    I am so encouraged each week to read how the Lord is using your gifts for His glory. And your bold obedience to lead His Mission into areas you have never before chartered brings strength to all of us. I know how humbling and yet frustrating it is to witness to one who "thinks" they are secure in their education, heritage or good deeds. Without confrontation, allow His love and His light to shine through you, we know that "no word spoken in His name will ever return empty." This is indeed a powerful promise we can always stand on. Remember, it's not our words that grow the seeds, its His Word, spoken in love that bring forth the harvest.
    Love you my dear brother in Christ,
    woody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Woodward,

    Thank you so much for your responses. They are always encouraging and stir my soul again for the work that I am doing. It is such a blessing to have a prayer warrior as yourself on my behalf.

    Your brother in Him,

    Zach

    ReplyDelete