Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Retreat Weekend

Hi all,

I wanted to get some pictures up of what I have been doing. I uploaded some of these to facebook, but I'll put a little more description here, and it also includes some panorama shots from my phone.
So just a little guide, this past weekend I went with Harbor Mid-City to a Men's retreat in the mountains just North of LA. Consequently, I got to experience the worst part of LA (traffic) and our original 3 hr trip turned into a trip just under 6 hours. PHEW! nevertheless we made it. This men's retreat was held by World Impact whose heart is really seeing revival in the inner city. It was incredibly encouraging to see a large amount of Spanish speaking brothers represented, as well as the dual language worship services and all of the lectures translated (through headphones in Spanish). Overall it was an incredible experience and I enjoyed the time I got with the men of Harbor Mid-City. Check out the pictures below. Also, clicking on the panoramas makes them not so hard to see :-P
Here is a couple views of area.


View of me with Mojave Desert in background.

Another view of Mojave Desert.

View of camp

Some guys from our team.

View of part of the room. This Men's retreat was in both English and Spanish.
Beginning of trail we were on

View of Mojave Desert.

David Diaso (with Jim De Witt behind) hiking up mountain.


Maybe a little lost.


Wind farm in Mojave.


1 comment:

  1. Dear Zach,
    What a joy to have the opportunity to see you growing in bold witness for Christ. I am sure you are aware of the transformation that has already occurred in your walk and each day, as you grow stronger, His glory will shine before you to illuminate your path. Here is the verse the Lord gave me for my recent mission trip.
    Matthew 9:35, " And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction."

    ReplyDelete