Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

It's always Sunny in San Diego

With almost two weeks since a full update. I figured that its due time again for another. I will try my best to document this past week with pictures as well. The photo pictured above was in a coffee shop. It was a WONDERFUL idea...but upon further inspection I realized that it isn't H20 but rather HO2...which isn't a stable compound and is definitely not used in coffee.


Looks like a shot from the Lord of the Rings...minus the water collector things of there.
I have been running these trails in Sweetwater Reservoir area trying to find a Tiki house that someone told me about.

 FOUND IT! And then while attempting to get back by a different path I was left running up a mountain. While adding about 4 miles to my trip it was definitely worth it as I found this awesome sight at the top.



On top of a mountain that I went to I saw a memorial resembling the Israelites crossing the Jordan...haha...sorta.


So a few days later I decided to take Jeremiah with me to the Tiki House. He had a few rough spots but he was a champ and powered through and we made it to the Tiki house which round trip is 6.5mi for him! Nice job Jeremiah!

There have been a few videos posted from the VBS at New Life, however the following are some videos from the VBS that we are doing in a vecindario (apartment complex) in city heights. The kids are awesome and a lot of fun, we also have a good time in the neighborhood playing games like this. We do a Bible lesson, games, memory verses, and crafts...speaking of which...I'm out of craft ideas.

There is also another video of some games that were played at a baby shower that we were at. It was quite the fiesta. At first Ray and I were not planning on attending and Michele called letting us know that men were in attendance. So we came and had a great time. The game being shown here is sort of a guessing game between niño y niña wherein the pregnant woman says niño o niña and the attendees have to move from side to side without missing a beat or choosing the wrong side. One side is niña and the other niño.


Bible study last night actually went really well. The people in attendance were bilingual so my Spanglish excelled in this atmosphere and we actually stayed an hour longer talking about reformed theology and reverence during services. During these pieces Pastor Juan Arjona did a lot of explanation in Spanish on top of some of my descriptions in English. It was the best yet.

As what you can be praying for:

  • The last VBS is this coming Monday, I will be leading the Bible time, but more importantly pray that we can reach the heart of not only these children, but also their parents. We have had a hard time connecting with their parents.
  • ESL tomorrow night. We need prayer for more consistent students. It is hard for them to be in attendance with their (or their husbands') work schedules. 
  • Prayer for the Wednesday night Bible study that I hope will be continued this coming Wednesday.
  • Prayer for an evangelistic Bible study that Ray is trying to get off the ground in another vecindario but attendance, and regularity is lacking
  • Prayer for the wrapping up of my time here. I only have about 2.5 more weeks here.
p.s. I will also be visiting the Ardiles family in Phoenix the weekend before I return home. I am very excited to see this family again and I will be sure to send regards from Redeemer OP.

Zach Lutz.



No comments:

Post a Comment