Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Time is coming to an end.

Y'know? People are always saying that time gets faster as you get older. And with a mix of schedules being more busy and just getting older, this summer has FLOWN by. I have a total of 11 full days left in San Diego with a small trip of 5 days to Phoenix (all in all 16 days). But although there is a lot less time left on the clock, there is so much to be thankful for.
VBS celebration at Urban Life.

Since I last updated I've made a trip to Sam's club for Monday VBS supplies, we've had ESL and Friday night Bible study, and we actually held the VBS. The media following is from our final (maybe) VBS that we will hold during this summer with the exception of the birthday of Anna Grace and John Call.

Pinata Games


Anna Grace with a piece of the pinata

Taking some swings.

This kid has some awesome faces.


This is video showing when the pinata broke. Wasn't able to edit it but it is fun watching everyone swarm the candy.
Anna Grace (left) and John (bottom right corner) after mordida (face being pushed in the cake).
So what is left? Well, I would say more of the usual but things have a good way of slipping away and changing into other things (as has happened so often with the Wednesday night Bible study)

I have received confirmation that I will be teaching tonight. So prayer is much appreciated for that. Tomorrow we are trying to organize another evangelistic Bible study in City Heights. Prayer that it would come together and that we could meet again with the man named "Fransisco".

Be in praise that a woman heard of our ESL ministry through the newspaper and walked there, and also joined us for the Sunday service! She is experiencing a little trepidation from her Catholic background so be in prayer that we could keep the connection with her strong and minister to her through out English Classes.

Be in prayer for my trip (Aug 9-13) to see the Ardiles family. Many of you know them, and it will be a great time of fellowship and encouragement for me to see these friends again.

We are also prayerfully considering making the Monday night VBS a consistent Bible club. We would need reorganization of a couple of things, but the women hosting believe that it could have strong inroads to evangelism in the community with a consistent presence.

Next Tuesday a friend of mine from Moody will be coming to visit from Orange County (L.A. area) and we are also trying to organize a beach day with the families that hosted the VBS and have been so helpful in reaching the community here.

Finally I would also like prayer as my time is winding down here. I don't ever want to get to a relaxed "sliding-into-home" mentality. Also, praise God that He has opened doors into the community so quickly as I really did not have much time here. His hand has been ever evident in the ministry in San Diego. Praise that the Diaso's home was sold in Colorado (pending on some details) and pray the Lord brings them out quickly. Pray for Emily as her ministry here is just taking off the ground and pray for her next few months here.

Thank you all for your continued prayer, support, and encouragement. I look forward to seeing many of you upon my return to Kansas City.

Zach Lutz.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Brother Zach,

    After reading your “coming to a close” I thought you would be blessed and encouraged to meditate on a phrase from one of Pastor Tony’s sermons, “NO LET DOWN!” After each Moldova trip, these thoughts bring me great peace and comfort.

    I know there is much still going on inside your heart, mind, soul and spirit, and for this, I praise the Lord! I remember my state of awe, wonderment and also confusion after my first life changing mission trip back in 1997. So Zach be prepared for similar feelings for they are to be embraced and cherished.

    My thoughts were consumed with the many brave warriors we met, their needs and what I must continue to do for them, I was thinking, "This is it! God is calling me! Full-time Missionary for Woody!" You have probably felt this same sort of stirring in your heart?
    What you shared as One with so many of your brothers and sisters in Christ, is an experience that most believers will understand. And when you share many of your God moments, keep in mind, “The folks back home probably won’t be able to understand what the Lord allowed you to witness and accomplish!” To keep this unique opportunity alive never stop praying for those who so deeply touched your life. I know there are many, but focus upon one individual that really touched you. Pray fervently for this person’s needs and God’s hands of protection to be upon the entire family. When you come home may you rest in His peace knowing that many will be praying for you as well. Can’t wait to hear your mission report. Don’t forget, your mission trip isn’t over. Be a witness on the plane trip home.

    Seize every opportunity to share these life changing stories to all whom the Lord allows. Memorize I Peter 3:15 and stand upon this empowering promise! I have said this over and over, “You don’t have to be a full-time foreign missionary to become an effective full-time missionary! Where God has called you to server, HE will equip you to serve!”

    Your brother in Christ, Woody

    ReplyDelete